Monkey Madness, My First Hand Experience!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011
It was 8 am I was fast asleep, lost in my dream world where I was probably making headlines with my blog :) Suddenly I felt the housemaid screaming something near me. I had no idea what she was talking about. I simply rushed to the drawing and guess who was there to say good morning! A monkey in my balcony trying to drink packaged juice kept in my fridge as far as I could last remember!!

I was in a state of shock. But how he got hold of that carton was far more shocking. My maid took out something from the fridge and headed towards the kitchen. In the meantime she heard the fridge open. She turned back and it was the monkey taking out the carton from the fridge himself!! And then he walked straight to the balcony. Can you beat this!

I am not really unfamiliar with monkeys. During my childhood when I spent many years in a small town of Bihar, monkeys often used to visit us in herds to enjoy the fruits and vegetables that my mother grew in our garden with a lot of passion and dedication. The maali (gardener) would fire rockets and they would go. But I guess the Delhi monkeys are far more urbanized and aggressive! They come inside your house and take out stuff from your fridge!

Anyway, despite the familiarity neither my maid nor me had the guts to actually go towards him. He even showed me his teeth. Finally the savior arrived, my husband! He simply shut the balcony door. And the photographer in me could not let this go without trapping it in some memorable snaps! I tried taking some shots from inside the house through the glass window, they weren't too clear, but I still clicked him while he was busy drinking the juice that he had spilled on the floor.

Enjoying Juice for Breakfast!


Thinking: Where to get the item from!

Off to the Next House!

My Litchi Twirl :(

What do you think :) Crazy, isn't it!