Outfit of the Day: Saree at Work

Monday, August 1, 2011
Hi everyone, this was almost a couple of weeks ago when I wore a saree at work.. That's a rather rare occasion but I love wearing sarees in general. When I was a kid, I actually often tried to tie a saree when there was noone at home or mom was asleep in the afternoon. And now when I have a substantial portion of my cupboard dedicated to sarees, I don't seem to find enough occasions!

I have a variety of sarees but for office I prefer the silk ones since they're light and easy to manage.

Where to buy office sarees from..
I am nowhere close to being an expert here (if only it was the formal skirts section).. But I usually buy all sarees from Kolkata and my favorite store is Adi Dhakeshwari Bastralaya. They're huuuge and have a nice variety. This one's from there too.


About this Saree
I don't know much about the saree technicals.

  • This is a silk saree in bright red patterns. 
  • I like it because it is bright and nice and the pattern is not at all traditional. 
  • And ofcourse it is very light and easy to manage.
  • Price: Don't exactly remember but I think around Rs 1500




The Accessories
The look of a saree is again incomplete without some accessories. I prefer slightly hanging stuff for the neck. This is what I am wearing here. I got this from Shopper's Stop for Rs 400. This had a pair of studs with it, but I preferred something hanging for the ear as well :)


I picked up this pair from a local vendor in Kerala. They cost me almost nothing. But I have seen the exact pair of Fashion and You for around 200 bucks :)



Hope you enjoyed my outfit :). In case you're looking for a nice place to go to for fancy blouses, you can find some info here.