Street Shopping from GK I M Block

Saturday, May 7, 2011
GK I M Block Market has always been one of my favorite places to be! Having studied in LSR, this was our quickest and hottest free time getaway. The trendiest clothes (both on-shelf and off-shelf), women with straight hair and high heels,always holding their hand bags at a right angle; the heavily kohled LSR girls, the chic crowd - that's what I associate this market with. Ever since select city's come into existence I don't go anywhere else to shop for branded stuff, you don't really need to because it has everything. But GK still has it's charm for the 'patri' clothes and jewelery!

With the sudden storm last evening the weather was pretty pleasant today for May in Delhi. Hence I decided to pay a quick visit and catch up with the latest 'patri' stuff. I wanted to make sure I was going there kind of early so as to take advantage of 'bauni' time and get some cool deals. ('Bauni' means the first sale. The shop-keepers are kind of superstitious and would generally like to have the first sale as soon as possible and sometimes are willing to give the customer a very good bargain). I had also borrowed a DSLR from a kind friend and was itching to click some nice snaps and enhance my photography skills.

Shorts Galore
The market has everything - shoes, make-up, clothes. The in-thing this season seemed to be shorts. Vibrant colors, very short, not too short, all kinds available. But you must check the stuff thoroughly. Like there was something wrong with the zipper for the one that I bough :( They're all available within Rs 200-250.

Stuff I bought
Peach Lacy Top
Electric Blue Casual Top with Puffed Sleeves
Linen Shorts with a bad Zipper

Peach Lacy Top with the Ann Taylor Logo Struck Off

Electric Blue Casual Top with Puffed Sleeves

Multi Colored Shorts - I got one of these!

Stuff I did Not Buy

Multi Colored Shoes - And all I wear is black :(


Bangles

Loreal Glam Shine?? Not Quite..



A Nano for Gift!