Eve's Tailor: The Place to go for Fancy Saree Blouses

Monday, April 4, 2011


So you have a special occasion coming up and want a fancy blouse for the gorgeous saree that you just bought? If you're wondering where to go, the answer is extremely simple..Eve's Tailor, GK I M Block Market. I know this is already a pretty known fact amongst the Delhitites, but I would still like to reiterate. And this is based on personal experience and not just word of mouth.

My First Experience at Eve's Tailor
When I entered the shop for the first time, I was shocked by the things they could come up with using an 80 cm piece of cloth. And the funny thing was I felt I had come for a Doctor's appointment rather than a tailor's shop, we were all sitting in a que and the tailor would call us one by one and spend atleast 10-15 with each customer. To my bad luck, I had someone before me who had some 30 blouses!! But I was patient and the wait was worth it!
 
Here's what I liked about Eve's Tailor
  • You imagine it, they create it! Yes they can stitch almost any design.
  • Whether you want a simple design or a super sexy one, you will get them all there. If you're confused, you have loads of blouses hanging all around to chose a design from. Infact generally the tailor himself is very improvising and would help you out with the design selection based on the kind of a saree you have.
  • You can also get embroidery done, add sequences etc.
 Some of their popular designs are:


Corset Blouse
Halter Cut Blouse
Bombay Cut Blouse
Padded Blouse
Princess Cut Blouse
Off Shoulder Blouse
Choli Cut Blouse
Backless Blouse
Spaghetti Strap Blouse

 What I did not like about Eve's Tailor 
  • Can't really blame them but always very crowded. If possible you should go there on a weekday.
  • The delivery time which is usually a week also shoots up to 20-30 days in the wedding season.
 Here are a few other details about Eve's Tailor. 
  • Stitching Cost: Rs 300 for a normal blouse, 500 and above for the padded ones. Extra embroidery and sequencing will be at an additional cost.
  • Delivery Time: Generally within 7-10 days. Can go up to 20-30 during the festive or wedding season (Oct-Nov)
  • Shop Address: M - 24A, Main Market, Greater Kailash Part - 1, New Delhi - 110048 
  • Shop Contact: 011-29237843, 41631378
  • Work Timings: 11.00 AM TO 8.00 PM (Tuesday Off)
Do share your experience as well.