My (Not so Good) Experience with Colorbar SA and Eye Pencil Sharpeners

Sunday, April 10, 2011
Remember I had written a review of Prunella where I said I was loving every thing about the pencil except the fact that it was too soft and broke every time I sharpened it. So I thought of taking it to the Colorbar store where I bought it from at Select City Saket and see if there was an issue with my sharpener or the pencil itself. I was glad that they were willing to take a look.

But here's the conversation with the Head SA, and I did not feel very good about it.

I: Hi, I took this pencil from here, but it breaks every time I sharpen it.
SA: : Okay, lets have a look. (handing it to the other SA) Here take this, sharpen and check.
       She sharpened it and it did not break!!!
SA: See, no breaking! (with an 'I so knew it' expression)


I: Strange, but it would break everytime I use it at home. May be there is something wrong with my sharpener. Do you guys have a special sharpener?
SA: Can't be, because it's a normal simple sharpener.

Now here his tone which was a little imposing really pissed me off. He had that expression as if I was lying! And I felt quite bad. Yes it was my sharpener indeed, but I hated the way the SA spoke to me. I even told him that but he said he was only doing hius job which is helping his customers!

Unfortunately there are not too many places selling Colorbar, so I have to keep going back to them! Anyway I bought the sharpener they had. It was an impulsive buy and a retort from my side! Here's what it looks like.


Product Name: Colorbar In-Cap Sharpener
Price: Rs 125
Made in Germany

Likes: 
Very sleek and convenient to carry
Dislikes: 
Weird shape, does not give a firm grip.
Expensive for a sharpener.
I will go back to Lakme.

Question for Readers: What sharpener do you use for your pencil eye liners? 

I started with the simple Nataraj ones but often the lead would get stuck at the corner and block it. Then I shifted to one from Lakme which worked great for a long time but I couldn't find it when I wanted to replace it. So I an unbranded kajal sharpener, but it did not work well.